There are several events to choose from in the 5K and 10K runs and walks. After choosing your distance, feel free to sign up for all the categories you qualify for. For instance, if your company is in the “Fittest Firm Competition,” join them and sign up for it. If you also are a military veteran, sign up for that too. And if you also will be wearing a costume, check that category. Most of all, enjoy some exercise with your community and know that you are helping contribute to the three wonderful local charities: Second Harvest Food Bank, the Housing Trust of Santa Clara County, and the Santa Clara County Children’s Health Initiative.
The 10K Run will begin at Santa Clara St just west of Market St. There will be two wave starts for this portion of the race.
The 5K will also begin at Santa Clara St west of Market. For this race there will be four wave starts.
* The timing chips do not begin until you cross the start line!
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Wheelchair 10K
The Turkey Trot is proud to present the 10K Wheelchair event sponsored by Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Awards will be given out to the top three male and female athletes in the Wheelchair event. There is no prize money awarded in the Wheelchair event.
The top three finishers in each age group will receive a Turkey Trot medal in the mail about 3 weeks after the race. In addition, the first place winner will receive a $25 gift card to Sports Basement, while the second and third place winners will receive a $10 gift card to Sports Basement.
10-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Wheelchair Division Rules
For your safety and enjoyment, the following wheelchair division rules apply. Please follow them.
1. Wheelchair entrants are permitted ONLY in the 10K race. You will start at 7:45 a.m., 5 minutes prior to the runners’ 10K race.
2. No mechanical gears or levers are allowed. The chair must be manually propelled. In accordance with national and international wheelchair rules, NO handcycles, handbikes, or other mechanically gear driven devices are permitted in the race.
3. Only one plain round hand rim is allowed for each rear wheel. This rule may be waived for persons requiring a single arm drive chair.
4. All chairs are subject to a rules and safety inspection.
5. Runners and walkers in all races have the right of way. Wheelchair racers must yield to runners or walkers.
6. It is the athlete’s responsibility to follow the above rules.
Schedule for the Day
Start: Santa Clara Street at Market Street
6:30 AM: Race Day Packet Pick Up Opens
7:00 AM: Costume Contest Judging
7:45 AM: Turkey Trot 10K Wheelchair
7:50 AM: Turkey Trot 10K Run
8:30 AM: Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk
10:00 AM: Elite Women’s & PA/USATF Women
10:30 AM: Elite Men’s & PA/USATF Men
10:30 AM: Kid’s Fun Run
11:30 AM: Elite PA/USATF Awards Ceremomy
** For more info on our timed and non-timed categories visit their pages!