General Race Information
When: November 23, 2017 Thanksgiving Morning – Times and venue subject to change.
- 6:30 am: Race Day Packet Pick Up Opens (There will NOT be day of, on-site registration. Registration is only available online until 6:00 am Thanksgiving morning, capacity is 28,000).
- 7:30 am: Elite Women’s 5K sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank Financial & PA/USATF Women sponsored by El Camino Hospital -Air travel provided by Alaska Airlines
- 7:45 am: Costume Contest sponsored by Virgin America & Mercury News
- 8:00 am: Elite Men’s 5K sponsored by Amgen & PA/USATF Men sponsored by PG&E – Air travel provided by Alaska Airlines
- 8:20 am: Lead the Trot – Lead Car sponsored by Toyota
- 8:25 am: 10K Wheelchair sponsored by Kaiser Permanente
- 8:30 am: 5K/10K Mass Participation Start (by designated Corrals) Please see specific map for your Corral #/Color HERE
- 8:30 am: Kids activities begin in Kids Fun Zone sponsored by Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- 10:00 am: Elite Awards Ceremony (all “open” winners will receive their medals and gift cards by mail three weeks after the race)
- 10:30 am: Kid’s Fun Run sponsored by First 5 Santa Clara County (open to ages 2-7)
- 12:00 pm: Event Conclusion
Race day bag check is in the Festival Area. All items must be in a clear type stadium bag. NO backpacks, purses or large satchels. Bag check opens at 7:00 am and closes at 11:00 am.
Where: Downtown San Jose
- START: Santa Clara Street at First Street
- FINISH: Santa Clara Street at Delmas Street
- FESTIVAL SITE: Guadalupe River Park / Arena Green
Why: In the past 12 years we have donated $5.9 million to local charities. Our goal for this year is to donate an additional $1,000,000 to the five charities! Plus it’s a great way to start the day and get ready for a lot of eating at Thanksgiving dinner.
How: Participate by registering, volunteering or donating to the event. If you are registering, remember there are many categories you may qualify for and would be fun for you to possibly win a certain category. Check out our timed and non-timed categories for more information. We are capping registration this year at 30,000 participants so register today!
Who: You! Your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. The more the merrier.
Getting to the Race
- The best way to get to the Trot is VTA! Check out their regular holiday schedule
- Driving to the race? Use the following routes to get to the race!Directions to the Race (please note after 7:45am Highway 87 at Julian will be CLOSED):Reminder: All metered street parking is free. Please be aware of tow zone signs posted along the Elite, Kids and Mass Participation courses. To see a list of parking locations CLICK HERE.• Southbound 280 – Exit at Almaden Blvd, turn left onto Almaden Blvd & park in any lots downtown.• Southbound 680/Northbound 280 – Exit on Seventh Street and turn right. Turn left on Reed and then right on First or Market Street. There are several parking lots downtown.• Southbound Route 87 (please note after 7:45am Highway 87 at Julian will be right turn only) – Exit at Julian Street and turn right into the SAP center lots or Social Services lots.• Northbound Route 87 – Exit Santa Clara Street and turn right on Almaden Blvd and park in the numerous donated lots or exit at Julian Street right (until 7:45am). There is a free parking garage if you turn right and then right on Market Street.• Southbound 101 – Exit onto Route 87 (Guadalupe Pkwy) then exit at Julian Street and follow the directions above.• Northbound 101 – Exit onto Interstate 280 northbound and follow the directions above.• North or Southbound 880 – Exit at 280- southbound and follow the directions above.• Northbound 17 – Exit onto Interstate 280 southbound and follow the directions above. Free parking is available at the SAP Center.
- Alternate ways to get to the Turkey Trot:
• VTA is using their regular holiday schedule for buses and light rail. Visit VTA.org for schedule.
• Ride your bike! There are numerous bike racks downtown to lock up your bike or bring it to sweat check inside the IBM festival area.