Kaiser Permanente 10K Wheelchair
The Turkey Trot is proud to present the 10K Wheelchair event sponsored by Kaiser Permanente. Awards will be given out to the top three male and female athletes in the Wheelchair event. To qualify for prizes in the 10K Wheelchair race, you must start at 8:25 am. Otherwise, you can line up with friends and family to go at a slower pace. Please line up in the wave start that best represents your mile pace.
1. Wheelchair entrants are permitted ONLY in the 10K race. You will start at 8:25 a.m.
2. No mechanical gears or levers are allowed. The chair must be manually propelled. In accordance with national and international wheelchair rules, NO handcycles, handbikes, or other mechanically gear driven devices are permitted in the race.
3. Only one plain round hand rim is allowed for each rear wheel. This rule may be waived for persons requiring a single arm drive chair.
4. All chairs are subject to a rules and safety inspection.
5. Runners and walkers in all races have the right of way. Wheelchair racers must yield to runners or walkers.