SummerHill Housing Group Mayor’s Cup
The Turkey Trot provides a perfect course for our civic leaders to challenge cross-county rivals in a spirited competition. After categorizing each city or town into four groups based on population, city council officials can gain points as seen below.
- Extra-Small City: 25,000 or less in population
- Small City: 25,000-35,000 in population
- Mid-Sized City: 35,000-100,000 in population
- Large City: Above 100,000 in population
- Participation/Registration by Mayor or Vice Mayor (or Pres & Vice Pres) (10 points each)
- Participation/Registration by the City/Town Manager (5 Points)
- Participation/Registration by a Councilmember (4 points each)
- Participation/Registration by a Member of the Planning Commission (2 points each)
The Mayor’s Cup is awarded to the municipality with the highest percentage of registration points possible in each category. Registration must be completed by November 21, 12:00 pm PST to be counted towards the “Mayor’s Cup” standings. A “leader board” is periodically updated to reflect standings and encourage participation.
Extra-Small City – Los Altos Hills
Small City – Saratoga
Mid-Sized City – Mountain View
Large City – San Jose
How do you participate? Select the Mayor’s Cup Category under the non-timed categories when you are registering online, choose your city and encourage other elected officials to challenge cross-county rivals in a spirited competition based on participation, not speed.