When: November 27, 2014 Thanksgiving Morning
- 6:30 am: Race Day Packet Pick Up Opens (There will not be day of, on-site registration. Registration is only available online till 6:00 am Thanksgiving morning, but capacity is 28,000, so registration may close early like it did last year.)
- 7:00 am: Costume Contest sponsored by Virgin America & Mercury News
- 7:45 am: 10K Wheelchair sponsored by Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- 7:50 am: 10K Run sponsored by Sharks Foundation
- 8:30 am: 5K Run/Walk sponsored by KLA Tencor
- 9:00 am: Kids activities begin in Kids Fun Zone sponsored by Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- 10:00 am: Elite Women sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank Financial & PA/USATF Women sponsored by El Camino Hospital
- 10:30 am: Elite Men’s sponsored by Amgen & PA/USATF Men sponsored by PG&E
- 10:50 am: Kid’s Fun Run sponsored by First 5 Santa Clara County (open to ages 2-7)
- 11:30 am: Elite Awards Ceremony (all “open” winners will receive their medals and gift cards by mail three weeks after the race)
- Noon Conclusion
Where: Downtown San Jose
- START: Santa Clara Street at Market Street
- FINISH: Santa Clara Street at Delmas Street
- FESTIVAL SITE: Guadalupe River Park / Arena Green
Why: In the past 8 years we have donated $3.4 million to three local charities. This year we have added a fourth beneficiary, Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County. Our goal for this year is to donate an additional $850,000 to the four charities! Plus it’s a great way to start the day and get ready for a lot of eating at Thanksgiving dinner.
How: Participate by registering, volunteering or donating to the event. If you are registering, remember there are many categories you may qualify for and would be fun for you to possibly win a certain category. Check out our timed and non-timed categories for more information. We are capping registration this year at 28,000 participants so register today!
Who: You! Your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. The more the merrier.
Getting to the Race
- The best way to get to the Trot is VTA! Check out their regular holiday schedule
- Driving to the race? Use the following routes to get to the race!
- Southbound 280 – Exit at Almaden Blvd, turn left onto Almaden Blvd and park in any lots downtown.
- Southbound 680/Northbound 280 – Exit on Seventh Street and turn right. Turn left on Reed and then right on First or Market Street. There are several parking lots downtown.
- Southbound Route 87 – Exit at Julian Street and turn left or right. There is a free parking garage if you turn left and then right on Market Street and all metered street parking is free. Please be aware of tow zone signs as CARS WILL BE TOWED. If you exit right, the SAP Center will be on your left at Montgomery Street. You can also exit on Park Avenue and turn left to free garages indicated on map.
- Northbound Route 87 – Exit at Julian Street and turn left or right. There is a free parking garage if you turn right and then right on Market Street and all metered parking is free. Please be aware of the two zone signs as CARS WILL BE TOWED. If you exit to the left, the SAP center will be on your left at Montgomery Street.
- Southbound 101 – Exit onto Route 87 (Guadalupe Pkwy) then exit at Julian Street and follow the directions above.
- Northbound 101 – Exit onto Interstate 280 northbound and follow the directions above.
- North or Southbound 880 – Exit at Coleman Avenue. Turn left onto Coleman Avenue going south. Proceed on Coleman Avenue to Julian Street and turn right to park at the SAP Center which will be on your left at Montgomery Street. Or parking in the parking free garage on Market Street just after St. John.
- Northbound 17 – Exit onto Interstate 280 southbound and follow the directions above.
- ***Free parking is available at the SAP Center and across the street. Additional parking is also available near the starting line in the public garages. Visit www.sjdowntownparking.com for a map of available lots.
Click here to see a map of the lots that will be offering free parking!